DRIVING IN TRAFFIC
Motorcyclists will find it easier to drive in heavy traffic,
however it can also be much very dangerous. It is important that you
utilize the advice below to avoid getting into
accidents. It is equally crucial
that you know what your state's
motorcycle riding laws are.
- Try to avoid motorists' blind spots. In fact, motorcycle riders
should always assume that they are invisible to everyone else on the
road. Get more tips for being seen.
- Do not weave in and out of traffic. Doing so will make other
drivers on the road nervous, and perhaps cause them to swerve into
- Glimpse through the back windows and windshield of vehicles in
front of you and make sure you triple-check the passing lane prior
to making your pass. Only pass when it is 100% legal and safe!
- It is not recommended that beginner riders 'white line it' or pass
other cars in their own lane. This is very dangerous even for the
most experienced of riders. In fact, California is the only state
where white lining is even legal.
- When driving in stop-and-go traffic, in order to help prevent an
air-cooled motorcycle from overheating, make sure you maintain your
distance from the tailpipe of the car in front of you.
- It is very important that you carry a cell phone with you at all
times. You want to be able to contact police, roadside assistance
and/or a friend in the event that you break down or are in an
- Never drive too close to the vehicles in front of you. You want to
leave yourself with enough room for reaction time in the event that
traffic comes to a sudden stop. Being too close to large truck or
cars will not allow you to see road hazards until it is too late.
- If you are a first time rider, we suggest that you take a
motorcycle riding class. Riding a motorcycle is very dangerous and
can result in serious injury or even worse, death.
Hand Signal Guide
Tips for Being
a Smart, Safe Rider
Protective Motorcycle Attire -Motorcycle
Apply Now -
Satisfied Customers -
Types of Bike Financing Programs Offered
Motorcycle Loans With
Good Credit -
Bad Credit Motorcycles
Loans - Motorcycle Loans With No
To read our Terms &
© 2010 All Rights Reserved MotorcycleLoanCenter.com