IMPORTANCE OF WEARING A MOTORCYCLE HELMET
Wearing a motorcycle helmet while on the open road can make the
difference between life and death in the event that you are in an
accident. Even though some states do not require by law to wear a
helmet, you would be out of your mind not to, especially first time
riders. You can take all the precautions possible to be a safe
rider. However, there is not much protecting you from other drivers.
Below are some facts on motorcycle helmets and the importance of
- In areas where it is law to wear a motorcycle helmet, survey
have shown that 100% of riders abide. Whereas in areas where there
are no helmet laws or with age specific helmet laws, only 30 - 50%
of riders where helmets. All-rider laws are easy to enforce because
of rider visibility and which has resulted in the increase in
- In 2007, motorcycle helmets helped save the lives of an
estimated 1000 motorcyclists. In addition more than 500 lives could
have been saved if all motorcyclists wore helmets.
- In 2007, more than 50% of motorcycle drivers that were killed in
accidents were not wearing helmets. Of the passengers that were
killed, more than 60% were not wearing helmets.
- Based on a recent study by the California Highway Patrol, wearing
a motorcycle helmet is the the most critical factor in avoiding head
injuries and death to riders.
- Wearing helmets reduces the chance of death by more than 1/3 and
are 70% effective in preventing head and brain injuries.
- The hospital charges incurred by head injuries resulting for
motorcycle crashes were more than 3x higher in 2007 than
riders without head injuries, $50,000 vs. $16,000
- In 1992, the first year that California enforced the all-rider
helmet law, 325 motorcyclists were killed in accidents, in
comparison to 510 in 1991. That is a reduction in yearly fatalities
of almost 36%!
- When Maryland passed their all-rider helmet law in 1992
deaths were reduced by 20% and 30% from '93 - '94.
Motorcycle Riding Lessons
-Riding in Traffic
Apply Now -
Satisfied Customers -
Types of Bike Financing Programs Offered
Motorcycle Loans With
Good Credit -
Bad Credit Motorcycles
Loans - Motorcycle Loans With No
To read our Terms &
© 2010 All Rights Reserved MotorcycleLoanCenter.com